Tuesday, September 28, 2010

No title(im not creative)

WHAT'S GOING ON:
9/26/10
Lots to talk about! i know it's only been a few days since the last post, but lots has happened!
i forgot if i already wrote about this,(too lazy to check)  a ghiro(dormouse) fell from a hole in our ceilling(from a hole where a light is supposed to be, not just a rando hole) and fell onto my host dads head. we are now keeping it as a pet.. everyday we feed it and my host siblings fight over who gets to hold it. it's really quite entertaining :P i think ill get a picture of it later onto my blog.

Yesterday i went shopping in novara. It was really fun! im not sure if its just me, but i feel like things in novara are really cheap. i got these really nice boots for like 20 euros.. what?!?
we then met up with a group of friends and went to a pizzeria for dinner together in the city, after we all went back to the center of the city and hung out. i dont know.. we didnt do much, but it was just fun to be out in the city in the night with a bunch of people in italy!

Then today i went to a family reunion event. It was in lombardia, 2 hours car drive away. we got there and there were like 70-80 peopel there. it was crowded! we first went to the place that my host moms uncle was born. because i think the whole event was in honor of him(he passed away a little while ago) and he was famous. so there was a mini ceremony(in which i didnt understand) about him. after we all went to the restaurant and ate. we ate for 3-4 hours.....at events like these, there is lots of kissing(cheeks). LOTS!

9/28/10
The last few days in school, today, and yesterday, and a few days from last week, ive been pulled out of class to talk with my tutors, and intercultura to talk about classes and credits. everything. im going to follow math, chemistry, physics, english, and art. the one really frustraing thing though, is that ive already studied everything they are studying in chemistry and math. but im getting bad marks because of the language barrier... its annoying. esp in chemistry since i studied all the elements, but in english. they have different names in italian obviously so i have to study again.. 
books are also annoying, because here in italy, you buy your own books. but you buy them for all of high school, you use them throughout all of high school. they continue studying the same subjects throughout the years. and use the same books, so they are expensive! So im not sure what im gonna do. one of my tutors said they might be able to get my used old books. because they are cheaper. but for now, ive been living off my classmates books and photcopying EVERYTHING.

Oh yeah, one sad thing, the ghiro died.. it randomly died, and we have no idea why :(

9/29/10
I started my italian lessons on monday(today is wednesday) and it's fine i guess. I got lucky, i think there are only two teachers. and i got the one who speaks english. so that helps!
But so far ive only had my first lesson, and it was the basics, i already knew everything he was teaching.. so we'll see tomorrow!


FRUSTRATIONS:
>language. ovbiously. my classmates speak english fairly well. but it's just like, i have to say "cosa" or "what" an unaccountable times a day. they have to explain to me everything. and the lectures and just hearing everyone speak it, It's interesting, and helps me learn. but by the end of the day I am EXHAUSTED! almost everday i come home and take a nap..
>credits/school stuff
>ONE thing that bothers me, is that I'm trying sooo hard to learn italian. but when i went out into the city the other day, i kept trying to talk to people in italian. it clearly failled which upset me. i could tell when i would say soemthing, and my italian is just clearly so bad, people just began speaking to me in english because of my accent or i just make no sense at all or something.. :P
> I dont just go by Rachael here. A lot of people try to call me by my actual name, but it sounds really weird. Only SOME people can actually say it the way it is said in america. Many people here call me Rashell, with the R being pronounced rolling your tongue. and some others call me rachelle, which is my name in italian. like, rack-el-lay, and you roll your tongue on the R. I like my italian name, and i like my name when people say Rashell. But its confusing when im being called like 4 different things..
I've decided I'm in love with Italy. It's so pretty! I love the cities, and even the small villages. It'sd perfect here! m=Maybe I'll attend university here, that'd be awesome. And It would work since by the end of this year, hopefully ill be able to speak it fluently :)

No comments:

Post a Comment