Tuesday, September 28, 2010

first 2 weeks in Italy :)

Ok so it's been about 3 weeks away from home, and 2 weeks into school. Things with the family have been going really well. There's always someone around to talk to or do something with :)

1. my classmates are really nice, things seem to be going well and they help me with practically EVERYTHING! i must seem so stupid to them.. i understand practically nothing..
2. food here is amazing. (though i miss chinese food) and the other day i had my first hot chocolate here(peidmont is famous for its chocolate) and it was absolutly amazing, so good!
3. I'm concerned im going to get fat.
4. school here is very strange(compared to the states). I have 11 classes(latin, italian, english, philosophy, history, chemistry, physics, gym, art, religion and math) wow! and the scheduels are different like everyday.. i dont get it. and in english we are tested everyday. i mostly just pay attention in english and math and chemistry and participate in art and gym, the rest i listen to them lecture and doodle. before this year i was never a doodle kind of person.. but now...
5. I hardly have any homework. not sure if its just cuz im an exchange student, but still, i havent found other students to have much homework either. but we'll see, im sure  it'll get harder later.
6. today i met with my tutors( i have 3) to talk about my classes, what classes will help me and which ones i should actually get marks/grades for. (english, physics, chemsistry, art, math)
7. today i was supposed to have my first italian lesson, but apparently it starts on monday. so we went all the way there for nothing pretty much.
8. my first weekend here we drove to france and went to aventure parc. It's like a giant obstacle course, or a challenge course to the extreme! it's up in trees and it took hours to finish! it was awesome!
9. i've been sick and coughing the entire time ive been in italy(including in rome at orientation, except the first night) since my roomate in rome got my sick :P
10. tomorrow i have plans to hangout with my fellow italian friends! for the first time :) haha, so lame but it actually matters because, being an exchange student i expected to be a loner for at least the first month, or two or three... friends are really really important to me! so is a social life!
11.tomorrow in school we are going to the cinema to watch a film.. on something i do not know.

what else..?
what else..?
what else..?

sorry this is really unorganized, just typing random things that have happened or things that are strange to me and how things are going.. random things flowing through my mind right now. I'll probably add more soon later.

12. oh yeah, here it is completly normal to drive like 10minutes-even possibly an hour just to go to school or work. for me i drive about half an hour. this is very strange to me..
13. here, it seems i never stop eating and it's a really big problem.. im probably going to start running soon.
14. the tv is ALWAYS on in my house. (the italy guidebook afs sent me told me to expect the tv to be on during dinner)
15. the handbook also told me that people question your health if you walk around with wet hair, and that your host parents will get mad at you. Ive come to school with wet hair twice and explained i woke up late, no one cared. they laughed
16. the handbook also talks about the bide, but it never said what it was for. I've learned it is to wash your butt or your feet. my little host sister(i suppose since she is short) uses it to wash her hands as well

No comments:

Post a Comment