Wednesday, August 4, 2010

7/31/10 Anxiety, and some news!

So above is a picture of my italian host siblings! from left to right, Sofia(12), Isabella(4), and Gabriele(8). I am soo excited to finally meet them in just 43 days!( i think.. haha) Skyping my family has been going REALLY well! For awhile now I have been consistently skyping my host mom, then my father, which has been really fun! i really like with them! Even better, this week, I got to skype my host sister Sofia(the one i will be sharing a room with) for the first time. And i get a long with her so well! she is really nice and fun!

This morning i woke up, went online and found there was a contact request, i wasn’t sure who it was, but then my host mom messaged me telling me it was this girl, named Maria. My host mother explained to me that Maria is a girl from Columbia who will come to Italy for a semester abroad studying law in university. Soo.. this means i will have another host sister! But not an Italian host sister.. but a host sister who is an exchange student as well! Ahh i am unbelievably excited! I just got this news this morning and I have already been in contact with Maria and I LOVE talking with her! Even though she is only coming second semester, we are already talking about and fantasizing how she will drive us to Milano and go shopping together, how we will go out to discos and pubs together and how we will get italian boys hah do many things together :)

Just thought I’d share. I think this is pretty interesting stuff.. I think it’s pretty rare that an exchange students host family hosts another exchange student at the same time. It is odd.. but at the same time so exciting! I will be learning about two cultures at once! And I ABSOLUTLY CANNOT WAIT!! It is strange because here at home i have one brother who is close to my age. But in Italy i will have 3 younger siblings, and second semester i will have a older sister. WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment